The English Language Centre offers three full-time English sessions per year, in Fall (September – December), Winter (January – April), and Summer (May – August). Each session lasts 14 weeks.
New instructors are hired prior to each session, as need arises.
Core Requirements for a Language Instructor Position:
- University Degree from an accredited post-secondary institution
- Completion of a TESL Canada recognized TEAL Training Program with:
A minimum of 100 hours of theory and methodology
A supervised practicum of a minimum of 20 hours
- Experience teaching English as an Additional Language or English as a Foreign Language
Other certificates recognized:
- Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA)
- Diploma in English Language Training Teaching to Adults (DELTA)
- TESL Canada Professional Certificate: Standard One
- Teaching Certificate issued by a Canadian University (which includes a specialization in TEAL)
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Master's degree in TEAL, Education, Applied Linguistics or related field.
- Experience teaching English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
When applying, please attach proof of degrees and certificates. Those wishing to be considered for a Language Instructor Position should submit their resume and accompanying documents to:
404 Education Building
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3T 2N2
Fax: (204) 275-8098