Common Questions

How can I find out more about your university?

How do I apply to the University of Manitoba?

How much will it cost?

What kind of athletics & recreation services are offered?

What type of housing/residence options are available?

What type of student experience & services are available?




What should I do if I do not have the required high school prerequisites for the program I want to apply to?

International Students

What should I do if I have someone else (agent, friend, relative, parent or partner) assisting with my application?




How do I get health insurance?

If I apply to the U of M when I am under the of majority (18 years or younger), does the university provide a custodian for me?
Effective April 18, 2012, the University of Manitoba does not provide custodian services for students/applicants.  A student applying to the University of Manitoba under the age of 18 is advised to find a custodian upon application to the University.  Please note that the University of Manitoba does not provide a list of registered or preferred custodianship providers and will not advise applicants on this matter.  Please refer to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website for detailed information regarding custodianship requirements.