Tutorials for Faculty on how to use the SAS scheduler
Welcome faculty! Through this system, you will be able to access letters of accommodation for all students registered in courses you are teaching by term.
You can send in test instructions and upload your tests directly to the Student Accessibility Services scheduler. This is a secure platform tested by IST and reviewed by the Access and Privacy office. We are so excited for this upgrade to our systems. This is because if you provide test instructions for one student, the database will automatically assign those instructions to other students in the course who have booked their exams with SAS. Also, you can upload your tests, which is a quicker option than a test drop off at the SAS Exam Centre. In addition, you will receive an email to alert you of any students in your course who require accommodations and for any students that have booked a test.
You are welcome to drop by our office at any time to view the exam space or answer questions for the student who is writing at SAS.
- Locate the Student Accessibility Services link on the left hand side of your JUMP home screen and click it.
- Please read and review the “Notice regarding collection, use, and disclosure of personal information and personal health information by the University”
- To access information, on the left hand side of your screen, click on "Courses".
- Select a term in the top right hand corner (1). Click on refresh (2).
- You will see a list of all courses you are teaching that term. You can click on “Accommodation Letters” To view and letters of accommodation (3). You can click on “Tests and Exams” to view, schedule, or edit any test bookings with the SAS Exam Centre (4).
- If you click on “Accommodation letters”, you will see “Accommodation letters for course” and the student’s name underneath. You can select the student via checkbox (1) and click on “View letter” (2).
- You can view the letter in PDF (1) or HTML (2).
- You will also be prompted to confirm that the receipt of the accommodation letter.
- If you click “Tests and Exams” (Step 5), you will see “Scheduled Tests and Examinations for:” with a list of tests/exams already scheduled for each course you are listed as the instructor for.
- By selecting “Confirm” you will be walked through the process to confirm, edit, or add any pertinent information for the upcoming test/exam; you can also upload a copy of the test/exam. You will be able to update any of this information up to 24 hours before the scheduled start time of the test/exam.
- You can also “Tell us about an upcoming test” by entering the date of the test (1) and clicking “Add this test” (2). This information will be ready to go for when a student schedules to write this test/exam with SAS and all the details will already be confirmed.
Please follow the instructions provided to complete the test booking. You can call/email/meet with a SAS staff if you would like further assistance.