Are you a new University of Manitoba student with a disability? You are invited to attend the Student Accessibility Services Welcome Day to learn about SAS services and programs, funding options and campus resources to help ensure a smooth transition from high school to university.
Join us for a great opportunity to meet other new students!
SAS staff will be available to answer your questions, and the following sessions will be provided:
- Registration with SAS, including documentation requirements, confidentiality procedures, and typical accommodations
- SAS services and programs, including note taking, interpreting, transcription, academic attendants, and assistive technology lab tour
- Exam accommodations and procedures, including tour of SAS Exam Centre
- Canada Student Grant funding for students with permanent disabilities
- Tools for academic success, including tips for interacting with faculty, Academic Integrity/Student Advocacy presentation, Academic Learning Centre and tutoring resources
- Personal management and wellness, including various student support resources available on campus
- Walk & roll scavenger hunt/campus tour
For more information please contact our office at 204-474-7423 or email@example.com