DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION
Qualifying prospective students will receive notification from the Admissions office via email, with instructions and a link to upload their portfolio. The email is typically sent about 10 business days after receipt of the application.
Portfolios are due March 31, 2019
Students wishing to be admitted to the School of Art Studio Program must submit a portfolio of their work in addition to an Application for Undergraduate Admission (NOTE: the deadline for the Application for Undergraduate Admission is March 1, 2019). This requirement includes students applying for direct entry into the BFA Program and the Diploma in Art Program, as well as students transferring into the program from University 1, another faculty or another institution.
Portfolios will be assessed by a panel of faculty. You will be notified by email once a decision regarding your portfolio has been made.
YOUR PORTFOLIO SHOULD BE SUBMITTED TO ONLINE TO THE LINK YOU WERE EMAILED FROM ADMISSIONS.
Call us at 204.474.8788
or 1.800.432.1960, ext. 8788# (Toll free in North America)
Email us at email@example.com
Your submission must be complete for review. Please include all of the following items or your submission may not be considered.
1. WRITTEN STATEMENT – an area is provided through the Portfolio Submission link to upload answers to the written statement questions. Please limit your answers to 50 words for each question. It is suggested you prepare your written answers in a Word document and then cut and paste into the submission window.
1. Why do you want to study at the School of Art?
2. Tell us about an experience that inspired you to pursue studies in art.
3. What will you be able to contribute to the School of Art?
4. What will you gain through studying at the School of Art?
5. Which piece in your portfolio is your favourite? Why so?
6. List your education, volunteer service, and work experiences.
2. PORTFOLIO INVENTORY
In the second stage of the portfolio submission process you will be given an option to select how many works you will be uploading. After selecting between 10 and 15 images, you’ll have a spot to attach the image, as well as an open text box to include a description. Please include name of piece, original size, and media of composition.
3. DIGITAL PORTFOLIO
Images can be uploaded within a maximum file size of 20MB. If this significantly effects the quality of the image or video you wish to submit, please email our office to arrange an alternative submission method. firstname.lastname@example.org
A portfolio typically includes a selection of work completed within the past two years (10-15 artworks, maximum 15) that has examples selected from the following:
• journals, sketchbooks or notebooks
• drawing, painting, printmaking (2D)
• collage or mixed media (2D or 3D)
• sculpture, installation or assemblage (3D)
• photographic work
• ceramics, glass, metal work, textiles
• time-based work: animation, video, audio art, web sites, performance art
Undergraduate Awards & Scholarships
New Student Orientation
Field Trips & Travel Courses
Student Advisor Contacts
491 Taché Hall
493 Taché Hall