Working Alone Policy
IN CASE OF EMERGENCY
(24 hours, every day of the year)
||#555 from your MTS or Rogers cell phone
555 from the University Telephone System, or
204.474.9341 from any other phone
DIAL 204.474.9312 for Safewalk
Code Blue Poles and Red Phones
also have direct access to Security Services on Campus.
EXAMPLES OF EMERGENCIES
- Medical incident: heart attack, broken bones, epileptic seizure
- Chemical spill or strange odour in a building
- Assault or personal threatening incident
- Act of violence
- Personal and/or vehicle accident
Here are some safety tips, if you plan to work or study late at night or on the weekend in a School of Art studio:
- Study with a partner or friend.
- Leave your phone number with someone at home so they can contact you, if necessary.
- Make sure you know where the nearest telephone is located.
- Avoid isolated areas.
- Call UofM Security Services (UMSS) for a Safewalk anytime of the day or night to escort you from one location to another on campus.
- Work with a partner or friend if you are using dangerous equipment or materials.
- Locate the nearest emergency phones, first aid kit, eye wash stations, and other safety equipment so you no where to go in case of an emergency.
UMSS Security Services
423 University Crescent
On duty 24hrs a day every day of the year.