|Amended by School Council
|Revised and adopted by School Council
The following shall be members of the Appropriations Committee:
- Four (4) faculty – elected by School Council.
- Business Manager (ex-officio);
- Two (2) technical staff, elected by secret ballot from the technical staff in the School;
- Two (2) students – one (1) elected from the undergraduate student body and one (1) elected from the graduate student body;
- Director or designate (ex-officio, non-voting).
- Recording secretary, non-voting.
Terms of Membership
- The term of office of elected/appointed members is two (2) years commencing July 1, with terms of each ending on alternate years. Individuals can be re-elected/re-appointed to the committee after an absence of one (1) year.
- The term of office of student representative/s is one year commencing July 1.
- The term of ex-officio members is standing by virtue of position.
To be held by a faculty person from the committee for a term of one (1) year, generally from September to June. The Chair to be elected by secret ballot at the first regularly scheduled meeting, after July 1, chaired by the Director or designate.
The committee is advisory to the Executive Committee.
The mandate of the committee is: to advise on the allotment and utilization of studio and lecture space in the School of Art; to receive, evaluate and prioritize requests for capital and equipment purchases; and ensure that the Health and Safety policies and procedures of the University and the School of Art are adhered to in all facilities. All committees shall conduct business in alignment with the mission, values and strategic goals of the School of Art.
- Present prioritized capital and equipment requests to the Executive Committee in a timely manner for use in strategic planning and budget striking.
- Provide reports of the activities of the Committee to the Executive Committee and to School Council.
- Every five (5) years (at a minimum), review the School’s policies and procedures appropriate to the committee to ensure that they are relevant to the University’s policies and procedures and that they continue to serve the needs of the School and its constituents. Submit the review to the Executive Committee.
- The Chair (or designate) shall call and preside at all meetings of the Committee.
- The Committee shall normally meet three (3) times per year from September to June.
- At least five (5) days written notice of meetings, including items for discussion, shall be given to all committee members.
- Quorum for all meetings shall be 50% plus one of the membership.
- Decisions will be made by majority vote.
- The Chair shall vote only to break a tie.
- The Committee's decisions will be recorded after each meeting, and a cumulative record of all minutes maintained in the Office of the Director.