Protection of your idea
Protecting your idea is important for the future success of your start-up company. Some considerations:
- Contact TTO when having a start-up idea and want to maintain confidentiality of this idea.
- Familiarize yourself with Intellectual Property policy (IP policy).
- Find the right team members for your start-up.
- Network with other entrepreneurs, funding agencies, industry representatives, and potential inventors with out disclosing details of your idea unless working under a Mutual Confidentiality Agreement (doc).
- Prepare and practice a company pitch for both potential investors and costumers. Be concise and assertive.
Assessment of your idea
An initial meeting with a Technology Transfer Specialist is recommended. Some of the aspects to have ready for this initial meeting include:
- Idea description.
- Brief summary of the idea.
- Target/potential customers for this invention.
- Novelty of the idea, direct and indirect competitors.
- Team members to develop this venture with.
- Possible source of funding.
Contact a Technology Transfer Specialist