Membership in UMRA is open to all retirees of the University and their spouse/partner. There are two membership categories: Member and Associate Member. The differences between the two categories are as follows:
1. Members pay a fee ($15 annual or $100 lifetime) which supports the operations of the Association; Associate Members do not pay a fee.
2. Only Members can participate in the governance of the Association, e.g., voting in elections and serving as voting members of the Executive Committee.
3. Members can receive in-home computer support services provided by graduate students in Computer Science.
4. Members can take advantage of other benefits as they become available, such as U of M Bookstore discount coupons.
5. Lifetime Members of UMRA who are retirees and who are ineligible for a U of M Retired Staff card may be eligible to be granted Associate Retiree status by the University, and to enjoy benefits such as use of Library services, an email account, and Recreational Services membership at a reduced rate.
If you wish to join UMRA you can print your own Application for New Membership form. You can also obtain the application form by contacting UMRA by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 204-474-7175, or by writing to us at Box 5, Administration Building, The University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3T 2N2.
The University has created the category of Associate Retiree for UMRA Members who do not qualify for the status of Retired Staff. Follow this link for the application form.
A copy of UMRA's Membership List can be found here. Please notify UMRA of any Membership List errors or omissions by sending an email to email@example.com.
The Use of Personal Information
Box #5, Administration Building
University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB R3T 2N2 Canada