Recommended Reading for Aging Population
- The aging population is to blame for uncontrollable healthcare costs
- The aging population will overwhelm the healthcare system
Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI)
National Health Expenditure Trends, 1975 to 2011; see in particular Table 6 on page 40: Total Provincial/Territorial Government Health Expenditure per Capita, by Age and Sex, Canada, 2006-2009.
Health Council of Canada Reports
- April 2012 – Seniors In Need, Caregivers In Distress: What Are the Home Care Priorities For Seniors in Canada?
- April 2010 – Beyond the basics, the importance of patient-provider interactions in chronic illness care
- January 2010 – Helping Patients Help Themselves: Are Canadians with Chronic Conditions Getting the Support They Need to Manage Their Health?
- April 2009 – Teams in Action: Primary Health Care teams for Canadians
- December 2007 – Why Health Care Renewal Matters: Learning from Canadians with Chronic Health Conditions