CM Highly Recommended Titles
In case you missed any of them, we've put together this hyper-text listing of books, videos and CD-ROM's reviewed in 1996 that received an evaluation of "Highly recommended" from our reviewers.
Preschool to Grade 3 | Grades 4 - 8 | Grades 9 - 12 | Adult and Professional
CD-ROM | Videos
Preschool to Grade 3
Grades 4 - 8
- All Aboard! Cross Curricular Design and Technology Strategies and Activities.
- Alphabake: A Cookbook and Cookie Cutter Set.
- Awake and Dreaming.
- Bears: Polar Bears, Black Bears and Grizzly Bears.
- The Big Race!
- The Day Sun Was Stolen.
- Do the Doors Open by Magic? And Other Supermarket Questions.
- The Dust Bowl.
- Forts of Canada.
- Fred's Dream Cat.
- The Ghost Dance.
- Ghost Train.
- Gruntle Piggle Takes Off.
- I Can Make Costumes.
- The Kids Canadian Bug Book.
- The Kids Canadian Plant Book.
- A Kid's Guide to the Brain.
- Learning with Readers Theatre.
- Lettering: Make Your Own Cards, Signs, Gifts and More.
- The Monster from the Swamp: Native Legends about Demons, Monsters and Other Creatures.
- O Is for Orca: A Pacific Northwest Alphabet Book.
- A People Apart.
- Red Parka Mary.
- River my friend.
- Row, Row, Row your Boat.
- Shark Attacks & Spider Snacks.
- Sody Salleratus.
- Stories - Artists' Workshop series.
- Whatever You Do Don't Go Near That Canoe!
- What Faust Saw.
- Why Is Soap So Slippery? And Other Bathtime Questions.
- The Wise Washerman - A Folktale from Burma.
- You Asked? Over 300 Great Questions and Astounding Answers.
Grades 9 - 12
- After the War.
- Anastasia's Album.
- Canada: Its Land and People.
- Catch Me Once, Catch Me Twice.
- Flight of the Golden Plover.
- Beginnings: From the First Nations to the Great Migration.
- The Children of China: An Artist's Journey.
- County Roads.
- How Can a Frozen Detective Stay Hot on the Trail?
- How the Pinto Got Her Colour.
- Money to Burn.
- One In A Million.
- The Reluctant Deckhand.
- Rocket Science: 50 Flying, Floating, Flipping, Spinning Gadgets Kids Create Themselves.
- The Secret Wish of Nannerl Mozart.
- Squares: Shapes in Math, Science and Nature.
- The Tuesday Cafe.
- Waiting for Filippo: The Life of Renaissance Architect Filippo Brunelleschi.
Adult and Professional
- Atlantic Sea Stories.
- Brooks: Coming Home.
- The Coastline of Forgetting.
- Complete Conditioning for Ice Hockey.
- Envoys Extraordinary: Women of the Canadian Foreign Service.
- The hystery of the broken fether.
- Monet's Garden.
- No Daughter of Mine: The Women and History of the Canadian Women's Press Club, 1904-1971.
- Notes Across the Aisle.
- Paul Kane's Great Nor-West.
- The People: A Historical Guide to the First Nations of Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba.
- Writing a Life: L.M. Montgomery.
- Active Living: The Miracle Medicine for a Long and Healthy Life.
- Behind the Story: The People who Create our Best Children's Books . . . and How They Do It!
- Fear of Words: Censorship and the Public Libraries of Canada.
- Helping Kids Deal with Conflict: An Everyday Resource for All Teachers and Parents.
- New Community Networks: Wired for Change.
- Ninety Fathoms Down: Canadian Stories of the Great Lakes.
- Reading, Writing and Language (Second Edition).
- Student-Led Conferences.
- Winners: Resource-Based Units Cooperatively Planned by Teacher-Librarians and Teachers.
- In the Beginning...Northwest Passage.
- Canada Remembers
- A Cut Above: My Grandfather Was a Logger.
- Keyeye: Making Kids Safe.
- The Story of Rosy Dock.
- The Tibetan Book of the Dead.
Copyright © 1997 the Manitoba Library Association. Reproduction for personal use is permitted only if this copyright notice is maintained. Any other reproduction is prohibited without permission.
The Manitoba Library Association
MEDIA REVIEWS |
BACK ISSUES | SEARCH | HOME