This is another "Who am I?"
Who am I?
- I was born in Almonte, Ontario, near Ottawa, in 1861.
- I returned to high school in Almonte at age twenty to complete my high school education.
- I attended McGill University in Montreal and showed an aptitude for athletics.
- I accepted a job at the YMCA International Training School in Springfield, Massachusetts.
- In 1891, while in Springfield, I invented a new game that could be easily played as a recreational game during the winter. It was called basketball.
- I went on to receive my medical degree from the University of Colorado.
DUE DATE FOR THIS ANSWER: 17 February, 1996
Steve_Caldwell@colby.on.infoshare.ca or email@example.com
As Minister of Finance I introduced my first Budget to the House of Commons in 1977, as Minister of Justice I introduced the new Constitution to the House of Commons in 1981.
Who am I?
The person who was Minister of Finance in 1977, and Minister of Justice in 1981, is now the Prime Minister of Canada, Jean Chretien.
General information about the Great Canadian Trivia Contest.
Copyright © 1996 the Manitoba Library Association.
Reproduction for personal use is permitted only if this copyright notice is
maintained. Any other reproduction is prohibited without permission.
The Manitoba Library Association
Go back to CM Welcome page
Go back to Table of Contents for this Issue