Call Number: Pc 214 (A.07-28)
Title: Canadian Friends of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Winnipeg Chapter fonds.
Extent: 1 album (16 photographs: sepia toned).
Administrative history: The Canadian Friends of the Hebrew University is a national, non-profit organization that develops and promotes awareness of, leadership in, and financial support for the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. The Winnipeg Chapter was founded in 1948.
Custodial history: The Canadian Friends of the Hebrew University were presented with the collection by Max Steinkop's family. In 2006, the collection was donated to University of Manitoba Archives & Special Collections by the Canadian Friends of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Winnipeg Chapter.
Scope and content: The fonds consists of photographic reprints depicting the opening of the Hebrew University campus at Mount Scopus, Jerusalem on April 1, 1925 and the surrounding region. The focus is on the University' of Manitoba's representative, Dr. Edmund Guthrie Perry, head of the Department of Classics, and Max Steinkopf, a prominent Winnipeg lawyer and business executive who accompanied Dr. Perry on the trip. Other dignitaries found in the photos include Lord Arthur James Balfour, British Foreign Secretary, Viscount Allenby, and Sir Herbert Samuel.
Source of supplied title: Title based on provenance of fonds.
Restrictions: There are no restrictions on this material.
Accruals: No further accruals are expected.
Finding aid: An online finding aid is available at the link below: