July – September 2016
Faculty of Science General Office
239 Machray Hall
- 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM, unless otherwise indicated. (Note advisors are available at scheduled times. See below for more information.)
- Closed on statutory holidays
- Canada Day, July 1st, 2016
- Civic Holiday, August 1st, 2016
- Labour Day, September 5th, 2016
Academic Advisor Hours and Availability
Be sure to discuss your inquiry with our general office staff – they may be able to help you and save you time.
- Click here for Advisor Availability
- During July, August, & September - except for evening appointments (see below) - students are seen on a drop-in basis only.
- We usually accommodate a maximum of 40 students a day.
- We usually only accept students until noon.
- Are available on the following evenings:
- Wednesday, July 6, 2016
- Monday, July 11, 2016
- Wednesday, July 13, 2016
- Monday, July 18, 2016
- Wednesday, July 20, 2016
- Appointments are given on a 1st come, 1st served basis.
- Book appointments by visiting the Faculty of Science General Office - 239 Machray Hall, or call 204-474-8256.
- Please do not email the Science Advisor account to set up an appointment.
- You can call the General Office at 204-474-8256 to ask for assistance. The General Office staff may be able to help you.
- If you do need to speak with an Academic Advisor, note that phone calls and in-person inquiries are answered in the order in which they are received. This means that your phone call will likely not be answered by an Advisor when you call, but will be returned later in the day.
- If you call after we have reached our capacity intake for the day, you will be asked to call back the next day.
- At this time it is unlikely that students sending emails to the Science Advisor email account will receive a timely response. We recommend for a timely response that students contact us in-person or by phone; see the Goggle Calendar for Advisor Availability.
- Please note, according to the University of Manitoba’s e-mail policy current U of M students should send emails using their “myumanitoba.ca” account. To protect your privacy, only such e-mail addresses will receive a reply. Learn how to activate your U of M student account at: http://umanitoba.ca/ist/email/studentemailindex.html