Welcome to the Faculty of Science!
These web pages provide you with some need-to-know University of Manitoba resources that will help you find the information you need to get the most out of your University Experience.
Faculty of Science Degrees and Programs
Great decision! We are happy that you have chosen to start your academic career in the Faculty of Science where we have a wealth of opportunities for you to explore. The Faculty of Science offers students the following degrees:
- B.Sc. Bachelor of Science, Honours - 4 Years (may include co-op options)
- B.Sc. Bachelor of Science, Major - 4 Years (may include co-op options)
- B.Sc. Bachelor of Science, General - 3 Years
All Direct Entry Students begin in the Undeclared Major Program, click here for more information
Programs in Science
You also have over 50 program options to choose from in the following areas:
- Computing Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
For a complete list of program options, course requirements and links to the Academic Calendar, go to:
- The Dean's Office in the Faculty of Science is staffed by Academic Advisors and Registration Assistants. The above link will tell you what Academic Advisors do, how they can help you, and when they are available.
- Special appointments are available for newly admitted students, in the afternoons, in June; please call: 204-474-8256 for an appointment.
To make the most of your first session with a Faculty of Science Academic Advisor:
- REVIEW the First Year Planning Guide
- COMPLETE the U of M online Registration Tutorial
- ATTEND one of the optional Information Sessions offered by:
- Faculty of Science: registration information sessions are offered in June and July, for help with course selection, timetabling, and the registration process.
- Tuesday, June 28, 2016 4:00 – 5:00 pm
Thursday, July 7, 2016 1:00 – 2:00 pm
Monday, July 11, 2016 10:00 – 11:00 am
All sessions to be held in 208 Armes Bldg.
- If you are not able to attend a session, please consult our pre-registration info pdf.
- University 1: offers first year timetabling and planning sessions for ALL NEW STUDENTS
During the Summer, the Academic Learning Centre offers free workshops to help you prepare to start university. They include topic such as:
- developing successful academic skills and
- writing academic papers.
University of Manitoba Resources
- Your first year of university is a big step toward accomplishing your future goals and the University of Manitoba is committed to helping you succeed. The University 1 website has resources to guide all new students through their first year.
- Bookmark this site! This is the one-stop shop for information on important dates and deadlines you will need throughout your degree. Includes information on fees, registration tutorials, student ID cards, exams and even graduation.
- Student Life runs programs on orientation and conducts campus tours for new students. Once you start University, they connect you to leadership and service learning opportunities, creating connections to local and international communities. Make the most of your University experience and get involved!