The Wallace Building officially opened in the fall of 1986. It honours Robert C. Wallace, the first lecturer apppointed in Geology and Mineralogy. His appointment in 1910 marked the beginning of the Department of Geology and Mineralogy at the University of Manitoba.
The Wallace Building is located on the north side of campus adjacent to the science complex. Originally designated for the Department of Geological Sciences the Wallace Building also houses members of the Department of Environment and Geography and the Dean's Office for the Clayton H. Riddell Faculty of Environment Earth and Resources.
125 Dysart Road (Wallace Building)
University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB R3T 2N2 Canada