Scholarships and Awards (Undergraduate and Graduate)
1 - Undergraduates
1.1 - NSERC / UofM Undergraduate Summer Research Awards
- Department of Microbiology deadline: Friday December 16, 2011
- Forms available in the Microbiology office (418 Buller Building)
1.2 - Microbiology offers four undergraduate awards on the basis of scholarship
(applications are not required)
- Mindel and Tom Olenick Medal and Prize is awarded to a graduating student in the Bachelor of Science Honours degree program with the highest standing in Microbiology or Biochemistry Honours throughout the program.
- Mrs. Edna S. Hollier Scholarship is for students completing their second year in an Honours or Major program in Microbiology, Biochemistry or Biotechnology. The award is based on high academic standing for students taking a full course load.
- Mrs. Edna S. Hollier Scholarship is for students completing their third year in an Honours or Major program in Microbiology, Biochemistry or Biotechnology. The award is based on high academic standing for students taking a full course load.
- Oscar Vong Memorial Scholarship is to a student who has completed the second year of study in the Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Science and achieved the highest standing of eligible students with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5.The student must be enrolled full-time in the third year of study in an honours program in the Department of Microbiology.
2 - Graduates
2.1 - University of Manitoba Graduate Awards (visit U of M Graduate Studies for more information)
- The University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowship (UMGF)
- The University of Manitoba Graduate Students Travel awards
- Deadline: Check website
2.2 - External Graduate Awards:
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) scholarships/fellowships
- Internal Micro deadline: Oct 2
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) scholarships/fellowships
- Deadline: DECEMBER 1, 2011 (Master's scholarships CTS). Applications can be found on the CIHR website and must be handed in to the Microbiology office prior to Dec 1, 2011.
2.3 - Microbiology offers one graduate award on the basis of scholarship
(application not required)
- Howard Lees Scholarship in Microbiology is for a student who becomes a first year M.Sc. or PhD student in Microbiology within 8 months of graduation with a B.Sc. Honours or Major in Microbiology, Biochemistry or Biotechnology from the University of Manitoba.
Questions/comments email webmaster