- In order to be eligible for a Lab Exemption you must have COMPLETED and PASSED the Laboratory.
- For those students applying for a lab exemption for CHEM2360 and CHEM2370 the same policy applies. However, it is important that you realize that you must write the lab exam in order to be eligible for the exemption.
- Laboratory exemptions can only be used ONCE with the TWO years it is valid. Once registered with the exemption, it is considered used even with a VW (you will not be issued a second exemption).
- If planning to voluntary withdraw from the course and use your lab exemption in the future; you CAN NOT VW until the very last day of the VW period, then you must notify your lab instructor that you have VW’d but are still planning to complete the lab.
- You are still responsible for answering all lab questions on the final exam when repeating the course.
- Students who wish to use lab marks from other universities are hereby advised that their lab marks will not transfer and their final exam will be worth an additional 15 – 25%.
- Register in a Lab Exemption Section: B99
- After you submit your application for a Lab Exemption, you will receive an auto response from the Department of Chemistry that your request has been received. Please note that this isn’t the official response. Once we receive and verify your lab mark you will receive an email from the Chemistry Department saying you are eligible or not eligible for a Lab Exemption. This email is cc’d to your Faculty office as well. Once your Faculty receives our email, they will put the system over ride in place, which will permit you to register for the course (Lecture Section and Lab Exemption Section B99). Please DO NOT register for a lab if you are eligible for a lab exemption. All students who are eligible for a lab exemption are guaranteed space in the lecture. You would only be taking lab space away from those students who are required to take the lab.
- If you are currently registered in a lab you must remove yourself, then re-register into the Lab Exempt section(B99). Failure to remove yourself from the lab may result in you receiving an "F" in the course. We strongly encourage you to go to your faculty to make the change so that you do not lose your space in the course.
- Finally, you must go to your Faculty of record to obtain a repeat override. This authorizes you to repeat the course.
Fields marked with an * are required fields otherwise your request will not be processed