Duff Roblin Building
On Saturday, March 28, 2009, the Duff Roblin Building suffered significant damage due to a fire. All occupants were able to safely evacuate the building and no injuries were reported. Any animals (avian, terrestrial, and aquatic) kept in the building were safe.
The Duff Roblin Building remains closed to all public access as recovery activities continue.
- The university established an emergency operations centre in room 207 University Centre to act as an information hub for those affected by the fire and the building closure. The phone number for this room is 474-9262. This room has also been outfitted with computers, phones and copiers which are available for use by faculty and staff of affected departments.
- The departments affected by the fire include: psychology, biological sciences, anthropology and human nutritional sciences and textile sciences.
- Each of these departments relocated to the following spaces:
- Biological Sciences: 121 Machray Hall, 474-9245
- Psychology: Chancellor's Hall, 474-6378
- Human Nutritional Sciences: 209 Human Ecology Building, 474-7386
- Textile Sciences: 205 Human Ecology Building, 474-8137