updated 24 January 2013
- Join the undergraduate Student Chemistry Club More>
- The Inorganic Chemistry Exchange program offers summer employment opportunities to undergraduate students in chemistry, who will have completed the equivalent of two or three full years of study as of May 2013. More>>
Let's Talk Science
- Do you have a passion for science? Are you interested in working with youth and bringing hands-on science activities to the community. Consider becoming a Let's Talk Science volunteer. Check out the Let's Talk Sciencet website.
- Find out what volunteers have to say about being part of Let's Talk Science.
PMUSER Looking for Submissions and Undergraduate Students to serve on the Journal Staff
- Proceedings of Manitoba’s Undergraduate Science and Engineering Research Journal (PMUSER) is a peer-reviewed academic journal officially endorsed by the University of Manitoba.
- This undergraduate student-run academic journal is great opportunity for both authors and journal staff in terms of enhancing scientific communication skills and applying theories taught in the classroom. This experience will be particularly useful for students planning future studies in graduate or professional school.
- The Pre-Optometry Club meets monthly to talk about optometry admissions, the Optometry Admissions Test and to fundraise for related causes. They can be contacted at: email@example.com
Student Life office
- The Student Life office offers a selection of programming, varying from one-day commitments to five-week international experiences, with roles ranging from being an active participant to mentoring other students. If you have a leadership or community involvement initiative but are not sure how to turn the idea into action, Student Life can help.
SOS Students Offering Support
Students Offering Support (SOS) is one of the largest University student groups in Canada, with chapters on 26 universities. Since 2004, over 2000 SOS volunteers have tutored more than 25,000 students and raised more than $900,000 for various development projects in Latin America!
What is an Exam -AID?
Our volunteers help coordinate and run Exam-Aid sessions aimed to help 1st year and 2nd year students prepare for exams, right where they need it. Students get a 2- 3 hour lesson on all their course material and their own Exam-AID package that helps them get the practice they need at home. For Winter 2013 are providing Exam-AIDs for students to help better prepare them both in knowledge and in confidence in various science courses.
How can I get involved?
- Register for our upcoming review sessions online at www.manitobaSOS.com. A $20 donation per Exam-Aid will be collected during the session.
- Volunteer for SOS! Manitoba. SOS is always looking for motivated volunteers who are ready to help us make a difference. The Manitoba chapter is accepting
applications for volunteer positions in the finance, marketing, human resources, outreach and logistics team. There are many roles to suit different interests and commitment levels.
Volunteer Info: SOS Poster
- Register for an upcoming session or apply to be a volunteer now – at www.manitobaSOS.com; you don't want to miss your chance!
Science Students' Association
WISE: (Women in Science and Engineering)
- Women in Science and Engineering hires students for their programs, learn more about the program and their work More>>
The WISH Clinic
The WISH (Winnipeg Interprofessional Student-run Health) Clinic is a truly unique initiative in Manitoba that allows students to become more involved in an inner city community and gain awareness of inner city issues, social needs, and medical concerns. By volunteering at WISH you also have the opportunity to make a difference, meet new people, and learn more about healthcare faculties.
To volunteer with WISH, attendance at an orientation session is required, as well as a Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check. Note that the checks need not be completed prior to the orientation. A completed Student application form is also required and can be accessed at http://wish.med.umanitoba.ca/app_forms.html. Completed forms and orientation inquiries can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let's Talk Science coordinator, Janet Yuen, conducting strawberry DNA extraction activities with children