Faculty of Music professors and students collaborate with Winnipeg's outstanding cultural organizations on an ongoing basis. Winnipeg's thriving arts and festival culture provides many great opportunities to perform on a professional level. In addition, our Faculty professors travel globally, giving masterclasses, clinics, workshops, lectures, and performances.
--> Read more about recent faculty News And Announcements
Many of our music faculty provide music throughout Winnipeg and Manitoba through their leadership in arts organizations:
- Professor Emeritus Henry Engbrecht is the Artistic Director and Conductor of the Canzona chorus
- Professor Mel Braun is a member of the Manitoba Opera, Winnipeg Philharmonic, Groundswell, Canzona, and Winnipeg Singers
- Professor Elroy Friesen is the founder and past artistic director of "Prairie Voices" and guest conductor of Canzona
- Professor Richard Gillis is the Artistic Director of the Winnipeg Jazz Orchestra, Director of the High School Honour Jazz Bands, a member of Metalmorphosis Brass Quintet and an extra with the Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra
- Professor Allen Harrington plays with the Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra
- Professor Charles Horton is the founding director and performer of choral group "All the King's Men"
- Professor David Moroz is the Artistic Director of the Winnipeg Chamber Music Society, which presents a full season of chamber music every year