Dates: Saturday, February 2, 2019
Location: Eva Clare Hall, 65 Dafoe Road
Registration deadline: Friday, January 18, 2019
Eligibility: Open to piano students enrolled in the Division of Preparatory Studies for the 2018-2019 year. Students may choose a complete concerto, an individual movement, or a combination of movements, not to exceed the time limit.
1. Applications will be processed on a first-come-first-served basis. Any schedule requests must be submitted at the time of application. We will make every effort to honour scheduling requests, as time permits.
2. Completed application forms and fees must be submitted to the Prep Studies office by 4:00PM, January 18, 2019.
3. Arrangements for the collaborative pianist are the exclusive responsibility of the participant.
The name of the collaborative pianist must be included on the application form.
4. Music need not be performed from memory.
5. One original copy of the solo music must be provided to the adjudicator.
6. The competition is open to attendance by any interested audience members.
7. The decision of the adjudicator is final. Results will be sent out via email the week following the competition.
8. Written adjudications will be provided for all students. Adjudications will be mailed to the appropriate Prep Studies instructor the week following the competition.
9. The names of the winners may be posted on the Prep Studies website.
10. Winners in each category will be awarded a modest prize – amounts to be determined.