2018-2019 Musical & Opera Auditions:
- All auditions for Opera and Musical Theatre are 5 minutes in length.
- The final decision as to which ensemble you will be placed in lies solely with the audition panel.
- An accompanist will be provided for both Musical and Opera Theatre.
To Audition, follow Steps 1 to 3:
STEP 1: Complete the registration form found here.
STEP 2: Sign up for your audition time by clicking on the sign up links in the Audition schedule below.
| Friday, August 31
Vocal Ensemble Room
| All New students -click here to sign up
|| 10:00am-1:00 pm
| Tuesday, September 4
-Returning students who are auditioning for Opera Theatre and who have previously participated in Opera Theatre -click here to sign up
| 10:00 am-12:30 pm
| -Returning Musical Theatre students, including those who wish to audition for Opera Theatre -click here to sign up
1:30 pm-4:30 pm
STEP 3: Prepare Audition material for Musical Theatre
- Prepare a memorized Musical Theatre, G&S or Operetta selection showcasing your vocal range and ability to inhabit a character.
- Choose a piece that is no longer than four minutes long, is age and character appropriate, and reflects the best of your current vocal and dramatic abilities.
- Provide a legible, double- sided copy of your piece in the key which you will be performing.
Note: Out-of-Faculty students are welcome to audition!
OR Prepare Audition material for Opera Theatre
- Prepare a memorized art song or aria that portrays character and is no longer than four minutes long.
- Provide a legible copy of your piece in the key which you will be performing.
Note: Auditions for Opera Theatre are limited to Voice Majors enrolled in the Desautels Faculty of Music.
For more information contact Katherine Twaddle at Katherine.Twaddle@umanitoba.ca or 204-272-1593