Who is eligible?
- Students enrolled in the Desautels Faculty of Music with a major in Voice.
- Entrance through the ensemble placement auditions at the beginning of September.
- Casting for the biennial November production with orchestra, which alternates with the Chamber Opera production, is based on participation in the excerpt production in February of the previous academic year. Priority for both of these productions is given to students enrolled in the Masters of Music Performance in Voice .
- Tuesdays & Thursdays: 11:30 am to 12:45 pm
- Friday afternoons: Late November to early February. See course syllabus for times.
Course Syllabus 2018/2019- PDF
Mel Braun - Music Director
Laura Loewen - Vocal Coach
Katherine Twaddle - Stage Director & Ensemble Coordinator
… Mightier than the Sword
A collaboration of the Arts from the University of Manitoba to mark the 100th Anniversary of the end of the First World War, featuring:
- Les Arts Florissants by Marc-Antoine Charpentier, performed by the Desautels Chamber Opera
- Group, Performances from the Desautels Faculty of Music Jazz area,
- Presentations of student poetry from the Faculty of Arts English department, and
- Exhibits from the School of Art and the Faculty of Architecture
Dates: November 9 at 7:30 pm & November 10 at 2:00 pm
Location: Vocal Ensemble Room T2-266, 150 Dafoe Road
Tickets: $20 Adults / $12 students
Opera Theatre annual production of Opera Excerpts
Dates: February 13 & 15 at 7:30 pm
Location: John J. Conklin Theatre at the Gail Asper Performing Arts Hall, 150 Dafoe Rd
Tickets: $20 Adults /$12 students