When you hire co-op students and/or graduates, your organization may qualify for tax incentives.
- The Paid Work Experience Tax Credits are a group of programs that help employers create work experience opportunities for students in Manitoba.
- The Co-op Students Hiring Incentive (COS-HI) is an employer benefit that provides a 15% of salary tax credit, up to a maximum of $5,000 per student.
- Co-op Graduate Hiring Incentive (COG-HI) is designed to connect graduates of registered co-operative education programs to full-time employment related to their field of study. Employers who hire and retain a graduate can claim up to 15% of wages and salaries in each of the first two full years of employment, to a maximum of $2,500 per graduate.
- For further information on the COS-HI or COG-HI, please visit the Paid Work Experience Tax Credits website or contact (204) 948-2115, or email@example.com.
- Through the Student Work-integrated Learning Program (SWILP), Eco Canada offers a wage subsidy of up to $5,000 towards positions that make a positive environmental impact and have an element of Science, Technology, Engineering or Math.