DURING THE SUMMER MONTHS:
The Asper School of Business Undergraduate Programs Office will be using email as our primary method of contacting students. Please make sure to check your email often as we could be sending important and time sensitive information.
THE RULES HAVE CHANGED!
YOU NOW HAVE THE CHOICE TO ENTER THE ASPER SCHOOL DIRECTLY FROM HIGH SCHOOL OR U1!
There are 4 ways to be admitted to the Asper School of Business:1) Direct Entry
2) Track 1
3) Track 2
4) Other (including joint programs)
Click here for application deadlines
In order for a student to be eligible to apply directly to the Asper School of Business for September 2012, high school applicants must meet the criteria listed below:
1. Manitoba high school graduation (or equivalent), with 5 full credits at the Grade 12 level, in courses designated S, G or U.
2. A minimum 85% average over three courses:
- Pre-Calculus 40S or Applied Mathematics 40S NOTE: Pre-Calculus Math 40S is strongly recommended as applicants with Applied Math 40S will need to complete an extra, non-credit mathematics course at University in first year.
- One other 40S or U course
3. A minimum 60% in each of the three courses noted in point 2 above.
Note: Students with any post-secondary experience will not be considered eligible for the Direct Entry category.
You must have all of the qualifying requirements listed below (or the equivalent) with the minimum grade requirements. The number in brackets indicates credit hours.
* 6 credit hours from: Anthropology (ANTH), History (HIST), Mathematics (MATH), Philosophy (PHIL), Political Studies (POLS), Psychology (PSYC) or Sociology (SOC) (6) Note: Courses chosen for this requirement must be independent from courses that satisfy other program requirements
* Statistics STAT 1000 (3)
* 3 credit hours of electives (0-3) (depending on the chosen "W" course) Note: Critical Thinking PHIL 1290 is a preferred elective choice.
* Students must achieve a minimum admission GPA of 2.0. Please the Applicant Bulletin for information on how this GPA is calculated.
* Students must achieve a minimum grade of C in each course listed above.
* Admission in this category is competitive.
* Minimum 24 credit hours completed by April 30th Although 24 credit hours is the minimum requirement for admission, a full year course load would require 30 credit hours; therefore, students only taking 24 credit hours for admission will need to pick up an extra 6 credit hours of course work once in the Asper School of Business.
SEE APPLICANT BULLETIN FOR COMPLETE DETAILS
If you are missing one or more of the Track 1 course requirements, you can apply for admission via Track 2, providing that you have (a) completed a minimum of 24 credit hours by April 30; (b) achieved a minimum admission GPA of 3.10; and (c) achieved a minimum grade of C on each course comprising the 24 credit hours. Track 2 spots are limited in number.
Note: Although 24 credit hours is the minimum requirement for admission via Track 1 and Track 2, a full-year course load would require 30 credit hours. Therefore, students taking only 24 credit hours for admission will need to pick up an extra 6 credit hours of course work once admitted into the Asper School of Business.
Admission to the Asper School is also granted by Special Consideration and through the Manitoba Joint Program Agreements. Please see the admissions bulletins for detailed information on each category, posted online at: http://www.umanitoba.ca/student/admissions/application/programs/business-application.html
Advanced Early High School Application: December 3, 2012
Early High School Application: February 22, 2013
Final High School Application: May 1, 2013
Track 1 and Track 2 Application: March 15, 2013
268 Drake - 181 Freedman Crescent
University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB R3T 2N2 Canada
Phone: 204-474-6388 Fax: 204-474-7529