Newest items appear at the top:
- A team of students from the University of Manitoba Actuarial Club (UMAC) placed first in the inaugural Munich Re Cup in Toronto on March 12, 2015. Asper students Bradley Abells, Jordan Gerry and Taylor Mitchell, and Faculty of Science student Kelly Ramsay, each came home with $5000 in prize money.
- Dr. Arnold F. Shapiro has been appointed Warren Chair, beginning January 1, 2014. Dr. Shapiro graduated from the University’s actuarial program with a BSc(Hons)/69. Dr. Shapiro is the third Warren Chair, succeeding the late Mike Byrne and Sam Cox, now retired in Atlanta, Georgia.
- CBC radio interview with Asper actuarial student, Stefan Baluta, inducted into Bloomberg Hall of Fame can be found at: http://www.cbc.ca/player/Radio/Local+Shows/Manitoba/ID/2436118894/
- Summer Session 2014 Schedule and Registration Information: Click Link for Details
- Dr. Lysa Porth, Guy Carpenter Professor in Agriculture Risk Management and Insurance will be presenting "Understanding the Value of Reinsurance", at the third seminar in the Faculty of Agricultural and Foods Sciences Seminar Series for 2013-2014. It is being held on Wednesday, November 20th, in the Carolyn Sifton Lecture Theatre, 130 Agriculture Building. Refreshments will be served at 3:00 p.m. in the Atrium. Everyone is welcome to attend.
- Warren Centre student Maja Bakija (5th year Asper School of Business enrolled in the Actuarial Mathematics program) received the prestigious John Culver Wooddy Scholarship from the Actuarial Foundation.
- The International Agricultural Risk, Finance, and Insurance Conference (IARFIC) was held in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, June 16-18, 2013. Click link for details
- Special Event held March 18th, at 9:30 a.m., by University of Manitoba and Asper School of Business to welcome the creation of The Guy Carpenter Professorship Click link for announcement
- The new James C.H. Anderson Memorial Aboriginal Scholarship was established March 6, 2013. Click link for details
- New Professorship established at Asper School with $750,000 donation Click link for more details
- Canadian Institute of Acturaries eBulletin Tributing a Century of Actuarial Education View eBulletin
- Tinotenda Marova, an actuarial student in the Faculty of Science, is awarded the International Association of Black Actuaries (IABA) Foundation scholarship this year. This is the second consecutive year that our actuarial students won such scholarship.
- The Warren Centre was accredited by the Canadian Institute of Actuaries University Accreditation Program in 2011.Click link for more
- The Warren Centre is the best actuarial program in Canada in the 7th Annual Knight Schools Survey | Click for more »
- The Warren Centre has been recognized as a Center of Actuarial Excellence (CAE)
Centennial Dinner Presentation by Ken Clark
Being named a Centre of Actuarial Excellence was a milestone for the Warren Centre in 2009 and gives international recognition to the achievements of our students, faculty, alumni and supporters since the Centre’s inception nearly 100 years ago. The history of the Warren Centre has been documented in book form, titled Assessing the Risk: A History of Actuarial Science at the University of Manitoba.
Thanks to Murray Taylor for his generous personal donation that made this important project possible.
Please contact us to share your story. We want to hear from you!