Browse these pages for a look at past Conversations in motion events!
Linking Physical Activity & Positive Mental Health: Sharing the Evidence
Date: Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Location: Millennium Library, 251 Donald Street
This event is the first in a series of knowledge sharing workshops. Attendees will:
- Learn about research on the reciprocal benefits of physical activity and positive mental health.
- Share in the discussion of how this knowledge can be applied in everyday practice.
- Dr. Kelly Arbour-Nicitopoulos, Post Doctoral Fellow, University of Toronto
- Dr. Todd Duhamel, Assistant Professor, University of Manitoba & Dr. George Kaoukis, Clinical Psychologist, St. Boniface General Hospital
- Dr. Danielle de Moissiac & Primary Care Team (physician, physical activity coach, dietician, and social worker), Centre de Sante
Who should attend?
This event is intended for mental health, health promotion, physical activity, public health and primary care professionals, researchers and policy makers.
Many Thanks to the Organizing Committee Members:
- Karen Beck, City of Winnipeg
- Deanna Betteridge, Winnipeg in motion, WRHA
- Dr. Julie Beaulac, Department of Clinical Health Psychology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Manitoba
- Marion Cooper, Mental Health Promotion, WRHA
- Mike Daly, Communications, WRHA
- Dr. Danielle de Moissac, Faculty of Science, College universitaire de Saint-Boniface
- Laura Donatelli, Public Health Agency of Canada
- Nicole Dunn, HLHP Research Institute, University of Manitoba
- Dr. Sande Harlos, WRHA
- Karen Kyliuk, Mental Health Promotion, WRHA
- Betty Kozak, Healthy Together Now
- Laura Plett, Canadian Cancer Society, Manitoba Division
- Dr. Elizabeth Ready, Faculty of Kinesiology & Recreation Management, University of Manitoba
- Jan Schmalenberg, Winnipeg in motion, WRHA
- Stacey Shule, Canadian Mental Health Association