A better you starts here!
We are qualified recreation professionals that are committed to providing high quality recreation programs and services for the University of Manitoba community and the general public.
Please note that these are paid programs and are not included with Recreation Services membership. You also do not have to be a member to take any one of our adult registered programs.
Our Goals & Philosophies
- We believe that recreation is essential to personal health and well-being.
- We believe that participating in our programs and services, your confidence and self-discipline will increase and learning/trying something new will enhance the quality of your life.
- We believe that through participating in our programs and services individuals, families and our community will be stronger and healthier.
- We strive to offer programs that allow you to “be the best you” and you leave feeling rejuvenated, revived and refreshed.
- Our programs will provide quality opportunities that promote a sense of community, social interaction and opportunities for stress relief.
- All programs are offered in our state-of-the-art facilities including the new Active Living Centre multi-purpose rooms.
- All instructors are experts in their fields and will provide a professional, engaging and enjoyable learning experience.
- All equipment, unless otherwise noted at the time of registration, will be provided for your class.
- We create a safe, welcoming environment, where everyone belongs.
- Active Recreation Services members receive 20% off our programs. The member discount will be displayed when available.
- FREE parking is available on weekdays after 4:30pm and all day on weekends.
- Program participants must be 17 years of age or older.
Did You Know?
- We offer over 300 recreation programs a year.
- We offer five days in the fall and winter to try a program out before signing up for it (e.g. check out Free Week on our website for more information and schedule.)
- We offer discount member pricing for most programs.
- Our group fitness and Group Fitness PLUS instructors are highly trained through the Manitoba Fitness Council which is a member of the National Fitness Leadership Alliance.
- We often look at hiring fitness instructors that have taken their MFC certifications at the University of Manitoba and may waive the $40 evaluation fee once all requirements are fulfilled. These are great student employment opportunities!
- We have the only active Eighth Degree Judo Black Belt instructor in Western Canada, Sensei Moe Oye.
- We offer employee wellness sessions for organizations of any size that can be tailored to your group (e.g. lecture, interactive activities, combination, etc.)
- We offer specialized programs for Health Care professionals that are required to sit for long periods of time (e.g. Fit to Sit class for Ultrasound Technicians.)
- We provide both Red Cross and Heart and Stroke Standard First Aid and CPR courses including Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers (HCP).
- We are the provinces largest occupational testing provider for Winnipeg Police Service and Auxiliary Cadets, Winnipeg Fire & Paramedics, Manitoba Conservation, Canada Border Services, and many more. We can also work with employers to ensure staff are physically able to meet the demands of their position prior to employment or as an assessment to monitor their current.
- The Active Living Centre brings 3 new multi-purpose spaces. We have expanded our programming to include, TRX classes, more yoga styles, and more martial arts classes.
- The Active Living Centre boasts a 35ft. Climbing Wall, with 10 hours of open climbing time, 4 hours or programs every week.
View our program selection and learn how to register HERE.