[ MAP - building J ]
727 McDermot Ave.
Weekdays: 6:30 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Weekends: 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
• Louis Riel Day – Monday, February 17
• Good Friday – Friday, April 18
• Victoria Day – Sunday & Monday, May 18 & 19
• Canada Day – Tuesday, July 1
• Civic Holiday – Sunday & Monday, August 3 & 4
• Labour Day – Sunday & Monday, August 31 & September 1
• Thanksgiving – Monday, October 13
• Remembrance Day – Tuesday, November 11
• Christmas-New Year’s Break 2014/15: Wednesday, December 24, 2014 to Friday, January 2, 2015 (inclusive) *University re-opens on Monday, January 5, 2015*
To book the gymnasium at the Joe Doupe Centre for your event or activity, please email the facilities attendant with the following details: Name, address & Postal Code, contact phone number and email address, and the rental details.
Please note bookings must be made 48 hours in advance, Monday - Friday. I.E. A booking for Monday would have to be requested on Thursday.
Facilities does not allow marking (black sole) shoes on gym floors.
Rates (all taxes included):
The "Dope" on Joe Doupe
For those of you familiar with our Bannatyne campus location, the Joe Doupe Centre, we would like to formally announce a change in the pronunciation of the name:
After consulting with the Faculty of Medicine, of which, Joe Doupe has a lengthy and distinguished history, and his family members, we realized that we have not been pronouncing his name correctly. We would like to correct this so that we can recognize and respect his contributions. Going ahead we will pronounce the name of our Bannatyne campus facility as the “Joe Dope” (spelled Doupe) Recreation Centre.