Lori is a graduate of the University of Manitoba Faculty of Physical Education and Recreation Studies (B.E.S.S. 2006). She certified through the Canadian Athletic Therapists Association in November 2006. Currently she is taking her Masters of Science – Rehabilitation Science through the California University of Pennsylvania with expected graduation in May 2015.
Since certifying, Lori has also worked in both field and clinical settings as the Assistant Athletic Therapist with Team Canada Men’s Volleyball Team, Athletic Therapist at the Pan Am Sports Medicine Clinic and an Orthopaedic Technician at the Health Sciences Centre.
Lori has worked in a variety of amateur and elite sport environments as an Athletic Therapist:
- 2004 U16 and U19 Manitoba Lacrosse Nationals
- 2005 Work experience with New York Rangers
- 2005 Canadian Senior Track and Field Nationals
- 2007 Western Masters (Women’s) Soccer Tournament
Lori also has certificates in the following manual therapy and emergency courses:
- Soft Tissue Release
- Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy – Lumbar Spine (MacKenzie Institute)
- Mobilization of the Nervous System
- Introduction to Osteopathic Techniques
- National Association of Speed and Explosion
- Neuro-proprioceptive Taping
- First Responder
- Level C/HCP CPR with AED
Currently, Lori is a Certified Athletic Therapist at the Bison Athletic Therapy Centre working with Bison athletes, University of Manitoba staff and students and members of the community treating musculoskeletal injuries and conditions. She is also Head Athletic Therapist for the Bison Men’s Football Team.