He was appointed to the position of Associate Director of the Firefighters Burn Treatment Unit at the University of Alberta Hospital in 1999. He was also the Director of Resident Research for the General Surgery Department at the University of Alberta Hospital from 2005 to 2007. During his time at the University of Alberta Hospital he was promoted from Assistant Professor to Associate Professor. In 2007 he was recruited by the University of Manitoba and the Health Sciences Centre to take on the position of Director of the brand new Burn Unit located at Health Sciences Centre in Winnipeg. He remains an Associate Professor of Surgery at the University of Manitoba and was appointed the Director of Research for the Section of Plastic Surgery.
Dr. Logsetty holds certifications with The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons and the American Board of Surgery. Dr. Logsetty holds memberships in many Medical and Scientific organizations and is widely published in many topics, including Burns, his chosen area of interest.
Dr. Logsetty participation in research encompasses burns, traumatic injuries, post-traumatic stress disorder, sepsis, stress, surgery and trauma
1. D. Filips, J. Tan, I. Atkinson, K. Mottet, S. Logsetty. Evaluation of the iTClamp 50 in a Human Cadaver Model of Severe Compressible Bleeding. Journal of Trauma.
2. J. Gawaziuk, MJ Alfa, N Olson, S. Logsetty. Intermediate-Level Disinfection with Accelerated Hydrogen Peroxide Prevents Accumulation of Bacteria during Repeated Daily Debridement of Infected Pork Hock with Versajet Burns. 2013 Sep 13. doi:pii: S0305-4179(13)00231-3. 10.1016/j.burns.2013.09.009.
3. Justin March, Jitender Sareen, Justin Gawaziuk, Malcolm Doupe, Dan Chateau, Mike Hoppensack, Sazzadul Khan, Maria Medved, Bill Leslie, Murray Enns, Murray Stein, Gordon Asmundson, S. Logsetty. Increased Suicidal Activity Following Major Trauma: A Population Based Study. (Submitted to Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery)
4. N. Zhou, S. Logsetty, S. LiuDurability of amide N-chloramine Biocides to Ethylene Oxide Sterilization. Journal of Burn Care and Research 2012. Jul;33(4):e201-6.doi: 10.1097/BCR.0b013e318241b31f.
5. E. Tunovic, JP Gawaziuk, T. Bzura, A. Esmail, J. Embil, S. Logsetty. Necrotizing Fasciitis: Our 6 Year Regional Experience. Journal of Burn Care and Research doi: 10.1097/BCR.0b013e318239d57.
University of Manitoba
Associate Professor - Department of Surgery
Sections of General Surgery & Plastic Surgery; Critical Care Medicine; Children’s Health
Director of Resident Research - Plastic Surgery Residency Program - Department of Surgery
Director - Manitoba Firefighters Burn Unit - Department of Surgery
Medical Director - Manitoba Tissue Bank
Health Sciences Centre
Association with a Research Institute
Childrens Hospital Research Institute of Manitoba; Manitoba Health Research Council: St Boniface Research Centre – Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences, Health Sciences Centre Foundation; and Manitoba Medical Service Foundation
GF427 - 820 Sherbrook Street
Health Sciences Cenre
Canada R3A 1R9
Phone: (204) 787-8682
Fax: (204) 787-8071
Email c/o: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notice to potential students
Currently accepting students