Recent Publications In Peer Reviewed Journals:
For a list of Dr. Orr's PubMed articles, please click here
1. Christianson S, Wolfe J, ORR P, Karlowsky J, Levett PN, Horsman GB, Thibert L, Tang P, Sharma MK. Evaluation of 24 locus MIRU-VNTR genotyping of Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates in Canada. Tuberculosis 2010:90(1):31-8.
2. Potolitsyna NN, Boiko ER, ORR P, Kozlov AI. Vitamin D level in the indigenous populations of Russia European North. Vopr Pitan 2010; 79(4):63-66.
3. Larcombe L, Nickerson P, Singer M, Robson R, Dantouze J, ORR P. “Housing conditions in two northern Canadian First Nations Communities”. Int J Circ Health 2011; 70(2); 141.
4. ORR P. Adherence to Tuberculosis Care in Canadian Aboriginal Populations. Part 1: Definition, Measurement, Responsibility, Barriers. Int J Circ Health 2011; 70(2); 113.
5. ORR P. Adherence to Tuberculosis Care in Canadian Aboriginal Populations. Part 2: A Comprehensive Approach to Fostering Adherent Behaviour. Int J Circ Health 2011; 70(2); 128.
6. Potolitsyna NN, Boiko ER, ORR P. Lipids and their correlation with vitamin D in the indigenous populations of Russia European North. Fiziol Cheloveka 2011. 37(2):66-70.
7. Blanchard AK, Wang X, El-Gabalawy H, Tan Q, ORR P, Elias B, Rawsthorne P, Hart D, Chubey S, Bernstein CN. Oral health in a First Nations and a non-Aboriginal population in Manitoba. Int J Circ Health 2012; 71.
8. Keynan Y, Cantor MJ, Grynspan D, Lategan B, ORR P. Diarrhea and colonic ulcers of unusual etiology. Mycobac Dis 2012. 2:112. doi.10.4172/2161-1068.1000
9. Larcombe L, ORR P, Turner-Brannen E, Slivinski C, Nickerson P, Mookherjee N. Effect of vitamin D Supplementation on Mycobacterium tuberculosis-Induced Innate Immune Responses in a Canadian Dene First Nations Cohort. PLoS ONE 2012, 7(7): e40692. Doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0040692
10. Larcombe L, Mookherjee N, Slater J, Slivinski C, Singer M, Whaley C, Matyas S, Turner-Brannen W, Nickerson P, ORR P. Vitamin D in a Northern Canadian First nation Population: Dietary Intake, Serum concentrations and Functional Gene Polymorphisms. PLoS ONE 2012. 7(11):e49872. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0049872.
11. Samji H, Wardman D, ORR P. Assessment of Tuberculosis Outbreak Definitions for a First Nations On-Reserve Context. Journal of Aboriginal Health. November 2012; 23-28.
12. McMullin K, Abonyi S, Mayan M, Orr P, Lopez-Hille C, King M, Boffa J, Long R. Old Keyam – A Framework for Examining Disproportionate Experience of Tuberculosis among Aboriginal Peoples of the Canadian Prairies. Journal of Aboriginal Health. November 2012; 30-40.
13. Bahmanyar R, Paavonen J, Naud P et al (and the HPV PATRICIA Study Group Collaborators – includes ORR PH). Prevalence and Risk Factors for Cervical HPV infection and abnormalities in young women at enrolment in the multinational PATRICIA trial. Gynecol Obcol Dec 2012; 127(3):440-450.
14. Orr P. Tuberculosis in Nunavut: looking back, moving forward. CMAJ 2013. DOI:10.1503/cmaj.121536
15. Long R, Hoeppner V, Orr P, Ainslie M, King M, Abonyi S, Mayan M, Kunimoto D, Langlois-Klassen D, Heffernan C, Lau A, Menzies D. Marked Disparity in the Epidemiology of Tuberculosis among Aboriginal peoples on the Canadian prairies: The challenges and opportunities. Can Respir J 2013; 20(4):223-230.
16. Braun K, Larcombe L, ORR P, Nickerson P, Wolfe J, Sharma M. Killer immunoglobulin-like receptor (KIR) Centromeric-AA haplotype is Associated with Ethnicity and Tuberculosis Disease in a Canadian First Nations Cohort. PLoS ONE July 2013; 8(7):e67842.doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0067842
17. Slater J, Larcombe L, Green C, Slivinski C, Singer M, Denechezhe L, Whaley C, Nickerson P, ORR P. Vitamin D dietary intake in a northern Canadian Dene First Nation community. International Journal of Circumpolar Health 2013;72:20723.http://dx.org/10.3402/ijch.v72i0.20723.
18. Kozlov A, Vershubsky GG, Ateeva Yu A, Orr P, Larcombe L. Association of Vitamin D Receptor Gene with Anthropometric Measures in Komi Ethnic Group. Russian Journal of Genetics 2014; 4(5), 397-404.
19. Al-Saedi A, Janower A, Wang J-T, Nichol K, Karlowsky J, Orr P, Keynan Y. Hypermucoviscous Klebsiella Syndrome without Liver Abscess in a Patient with IgG2 Immune Deficiency. Open Forum Infectious Diseases September 16, 2014: http://ofid.oxfordjournals.org