|Medical Microbiology & Infectious Diseases
Summer Undergraduate Research Award Application Form
Application deadline is January 25, 2019
To support 3rd and 4th year undergraduate student engagement, training, and research exposure in infectious diseases, the Department of Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (MMID) will offer two additional summer Undergraduate Research Awards of $7,000 each for two students to spend 16 weeks in one of two MMID research labs they select for summer research training and mentorship.
Successful students will receive notification on or before March 15, 2019.
• Full-time U of M students (must be enrolled in 24 credit hours at the voluntary withdrawal date)
• Have completed a minimum 24 credit hours at the University of Manitoba.
• Minimum degree GPA of 3.0 based on all credits completed at the time of application
• Cannot be held in conjunction with other competitive awards such as the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada’s Undergraduate Research Summer Award.
• Students who will be graduating in the Spring 2019 (May convocation) are eligible for the award.
• Students who hold a master’s degree are not eligible for this award.
• Co-op students are eligible to apply; however, the student must be enrolled in full-time course work for one of the terms (12 credits). Co-op students may need to provide a statement from their program coordinator stating that it is a full-time co-op program.
How to apply:
1. Interview 2 faculty members (includes: adjunct, cross-appointed, part-time and full time assistant, associate and full professors) from the department of MMID (http://umanitoba.ca/faculties/health_sciences/medicine/units/medical_microbiology/faculty/index2.html)
2. Download and complete the MMID Undergraduate Research Awards application here
3. Email the completed application form to Dr. Denice Bay [Denice.Bay@umanitoba.ca] with the subject heading “MMID URA application”.