Salah Mahmud, MD MSc PhD FRCP(c)
- Canada Research Chair in Pharmacoepidemiology and Vaccine Evaluation
- Associate Professor of Community Health Sciences-University of Manitoba
- Associate Professor of Pharmacy - University of Manitoba
- Director- Vaccine and Drug Evaluation Centre (University of Manitoba)
- Director- Clinical Trials Platform - The George & Fay Yee Centre for Healthcare Innovation.
- Medical Officer of Health- Manitoba Health Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
- Research Coordinator - Public Health and Preventive Medicine Residency Program (University of Manitoba)
- Epidemiologist - CancerCare Manitoba
Research areas of interest:
- Pharmacoepidemiology: with a particular emphasis on cancer chemoprevention (the use of pharmaceuticals to prevent or reverse carcinogenic progression to invasive cancer)
- Cancer epidemiology: with a particular emphasis on the role of infections and inflammation in cancer development and progression.
- Evaluating the safety and effectiveness of commonly used vaccines including the influenza and Human Papillomavirus (HPV) vaccines.
- Practical applications of pharmacoepidemiology (e.g., post-marketing surveillance for drug and vaccine adverse events).
- Mathematical modeling of infectious diseases.
- Design and analysis of longitudinal and repeated-measurement studies
- Mathematical modeling of infectious diseases
- Computer programming: developing statistical analysis tools (e.g. http://www.epidata.dk/) for use by epidemiologists and public health practitioners.
- Principal investigator on 15 grants (see grants and publications list).
Dr. S. Mahmud is accepting students for the following programs, please email all required information to VDEC@umanitoba.ca
Clinical Investigator Program: Yes
Post-doctoral fellowship: Yes
In your email please include:
- Highlight of how your research and work experience have prepared you for graduate studies
- Brief summary of your research interests and a statement of how they match my own
- Highlight of one or two publications you are particularly proud of