Indigenous Peoples Resources
Indigenous Services Canada – a federal government department providing information and services to Indigenous people in the Manitoba Region. You can also find information about Indigenous communities, tribal councils, and active political organizations across Manitoba. Call toll-free 1-800-567-9604 or email:

Non-Insured Health Program – for First Nations and Inuit people, this program through the federal government pays for drugs, dental services, and other health benefits not otherwise covered under provincial programs.

Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs/WRHA– Patient Advocate Unit

Eagle Urban Transition Centre (EUTC) – a Winnipeg-based service organization mandated by the Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs and serving as a central location for clients seeking transitional support while living in and/or relocating to Winnipeg. EUTC assists First Nation clients with issues including housing, social assistance, addictions, resources for youth, and services/programs in the areas of training/employment and education. Call 204-954-3050.

Centre for Aboriginal Human Resource Development Inc. (CAHRD) – a non-profit, human resource development organization that delivers literacy, education, training, and employment services to the urban Aboriginal population of Winnipeg. Call 204-989-7110.



Booklet (2018)

Project summary