University of Manitoba - CHS - Get Your Benefits - Indigenous Peoples Resources
Indigenous Peoples Resources
Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada – Manitoba Region – A federal government department providing information and services of interest to Indigenous people in the Manitoba Region. You can also find information about First Nations communities, tribal councils and active political organizations across Manitoba. Call 1-800-567-9604 or Email:

Non-Insured Health Program – For First Nations and Inuit people, this program through the federal government pays for drugs, dental services and other health benefits not otherwise covered under provincial programs.

Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs/WRHA– Patient Advocate Unit

Eagle Urban Transition Centre (EUTC) – A Winnipeg-based service organization mandated by the Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs and serving as a central location for clients seeking transitional support while living in and/or relocating to Winnipeg. EUTC assists First Nation clients with day-to-day issues including housing, social assistance, addictions, resources for youth and services/programs in the areas of training/employment and education. Contact EUTC at 204-954-3050.

Centre for Aboriginal Human Resource Development Inc. (CAHRD) – A non-profit, human resource development organization that delivers Literacy, Education, Training and Employment services to the urban Aboriginal population of Winnipeg. Contact CAHRD at 204-989-7110.


Hummingbird Aboriginal Student Futures - Steps to get a head start for your children by setting up a Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP). Short video clips help answer your questions.




Booklet (2017)

Project summary