3. To review and disseminate information about important new and changing areas of knowledge relevant to the practice of anesthesia with the focus of improving the quality and safety of the care delivered to our patients.
4. To Promote and facilitate this appropriate change and influence on the practice of anesthesia through evidence based sources, critical appraisal and colleague discussion.
5. To encourage effective life-long learning using valid adult education principles, including the specific use of didactic presentations followed by discussion and questions as well as case-based or problem-based learning.
6. To provide the opportunity for residents & fellows to learn and demonstrate presentation and communications skills, and improve these skills through constructive feedback and evaluation of performance.
7. To foster an environment where research is valued and encouraged and the principles of critical appraisal are appropriately applied and the literature is duly scrutinized for its validity.
8. To provide the opportunity for all members of the department to participate in the planning process as it relates to CPD events and the various formats used in the educational programming.