Providing an environment which assists students in becoming competent, caring, ethical physicians, with the ability to think critically requires a special team of Administrators who have been empowered to sustain and enhance the learning environment. Located within the Education Programs Office at 260 Brodie, the following members of the UGME Team are here to assist in delivering the Medical Education Program. An overview of the UGME Administrative Team and their responsibilities is outlined below.
Leadership and Administration UGME Program Office
Dr. Ira Ripstein Associate Dean, UGME
T: 204-975-7790 E: Ira.Ripstein@umanitoba.ca
Ms. Judy Jayasuriya Business Manager, UGME
T: 204-232-4711 E: Judy.Jayasuriya@umanitoba.ca
Ms. Anna Urbanik Administrator, Enrolment, UGME
- Responsible for the overall management of operations within the UGME program including information related to the operational and grant budgets and overall administration of academic programs.
- Product Owner OPAL. Lead trainer for OPAL, liaison for student IT/OPAL representatives, and OPAL development and maintenance.
T: 204-789-3627 E: Anna.Urbanik@umanitoba.ca
Ms. Lisa Arron Assistant to the Associate Dean / Business Manager, UGME
- Responsible for the enrolment administration of students within the UGME program including the management of student records, registration with the University of Manitoba and College of Physicians and Surgeons of Manitoba, verification of student status inquiries and required documentation.
- Primary point of contact for medical education verification requests for graduates of the MD Program.
- Primary point of contact for all Enrolment policies.
- Secretary Curriculum Executive and Program Evaluation Committees
T: 204-975-7790 E: Lisa.Arron@umanitoba.ca
Ms. Maggie Eade Program Administrator, Pre-Clerkship
- Responsible for administrative support to the Associate Dean, UGME and Business Manager, UGME.
- Coordinator "Med I/II Coffee with the Dean" and "Student Lunches with the Associate Dean".
- Secretary UGME Management Committee.
T: 204-272-3132 E: Maggie.Eade@umanitoba.ca
- Responsible for the overall administration and coordination of Year One and Two Pre-Clerkship curricular schedules.
- Primary point of contact for all Pre-Clerkship information and related policies.
Ms. Leah Gottfried Year 1 Modular Course Administrator, Pre-Clerkship
T: 204-789-3551 E: Year1UGME@umanitoba.ca
Ms. Anu Bajwa Year 2 Modular Course Administrator, Pre-Clerkship
T: 204-789-3930 E: Year2UGME@umanitoba.ca
- Responsible for providing administrative support for Year 1 Modular Courses, including Foundation of Medicine, Blood and Immunology 1, Cardiovascular 1 & 2, Respiratory 1 & 2, Neurosciences 1, Musculoskeletal 1, Endocrine & Metabolism 1, Women's Reproductive Health 1, Gastroentrology Hepatology and Nutrition 1, Urinary Tract 1, and Infectious Diseases and Therapeutics.
Ms. Stephanie Morin Course Administrator, Pre-Clerkship
- Responsible for providing administrative support for Year 2 Modular Courses, including Blood and Immunology 2, Principles of Oncology 2, Neurosciences 2, Musculoskeletal 2, Endocrine & Metabolism 2, Women's Reproductive Health 2, Gastroentrology Hepatology and Nutrition 2, Urinary Tract 2, Dermatology and Pain Management (part of Consolidation).
- Committee administrator, Pre-Clerkship Curriculum Committee
T: 204-789-3686 E: Stephanie.Morin@umanitoba.ca
- Responsible for providing administrative support to the Consolidation and Clinical Reasoning courses.
- Committee Administrator, Committee on Online Learning (COOL)
Ms. Darlene Lussier Course Administrator, Pre-Clerkship
T: 204-272-3094 E: Darlene.Lussier@umanitoba.ca
- Responsible for providing administrative support to the Clinical Skills course.
Ms. Sarah Carriere Program Administrator, Clerkship
T: 204-977-5675 E: Sarah.Carriere@umanitoba.ca
Vacant UGME Longitudinal Courses
T: 204-789-3291 E:
- Responsible for the overall administration and coordination of Year Three and Four Clerkship curricular schedules, Transition to Clerkship, Transition to Residency, and Clerkship Rotations.
- Primary point of contact for all Clerkship information and related policies.
- Secretary Clerkship Curriculum Committee
- Responsible for the overall administration and coordination of Longitudinal Courses across all four years of the curriculum
- Responsible for providing administrative support to the Professionalism, Population Health, Indigenous Health, Scholarship in Medicine, and Community Engagement Courses
- Committee Administrator, Curriculum Implementation Committee
Mr. Eliya Ichihashi Administrator, Electives
T: 204-789-3820 E: electivesUGME@umanitoba.ca
- Responsible for the administration of Clerkship Electives including the planning, scheduling, confirming out-of-province & local electives; early electives & floating vacation; elective evaluations and collection of student feedback.
- Primary point of contact for the administration of the Summer Early Exposure Program, Experiential Learning Program, and Max Rady College of Medicine Exchange Programs.
Ms. Katherine Clark Administrator, Evaluation (Pre-Clerkship)
T: 204-789-3560 E: Katherine.Clark@umanitoba.ca
Ms. Jeanine Neish Administrator, Evaluation (Clerkship)
- Responsible for the administration and execution of Pre-Clerkship multiple choice assessments and reporting of Block/Course examinations and OCSE-type examinations
- Primary point of contact for the administration of question databases for all Pre-Clerkship examinations
T: 204-977-5657 E: Jeanine.Neish@umanitoba.ca
Ms. Annette Jones Assistant Evaluations
- Responsible for the administration and execution of Clerkship Evaluation including the organization, execution and reporting of National Board of Medical Examiners Examinations (NBME) for the University of Manitoba
- Primary point of contact for the administration of Medical Student Progress Report (MSPR) and Final In-Training Evaluation Reports (FITERs)
- Secretary Progress Committee
T: 204-789-3693 E: Annette.Jones@umanitoba.ca
- Responsible for the administration and execution of summative and formative Objective Skills Clinical Examination Evaluations and Comprehensive Clinical Examinations.
- Secretary Pre-Clerkship Student Evaluation Committee/Secretary Clerkship Student Evaluation Committee