Norway House Hospital, Norway House, Manitoba:
- Norway House is a progressive community situated at the fork of the Nelson River and Playgreen Lake at the northern tip of Lake Winnipeg.
- The reserve has a booming fishing industry and offers tourists outdoor adventure amid a thriving community complete with a shopping mall and hospital which has
6 in-patient beds.
- The clinic underwent renovations in 2011 which included the upgrade of 12 examination rooms, treatment and triage rooms, upgrading of washrooms, new flooring, cabinets, and paint.
- The hospital has a laboratory, x-ray, on-site pharmacist, and social services.
- The community is connected to Winnipeg year round by daily flights and an all weather road.
Churchill Hospital, Churchill, Manitoba:
- Governed by a community board representing a broad section of the population, Churchill Regional Health Authority Inc.
- Provides a wide range of medical, dental, and outreach services.
- Inpatient area has 25 acute and 6 extended care beds.
- Three full-time resident physicians enjoy modern support systems and equipment, including an operating room and delivery suite, laboratory, x-ray and pharmacy.
- Outreach services are provided, and offer a multidisciplinary approach to health care.
- Churchill Health Centre also acts as the referral base for the 7,000 people living in the Kivalliq region of Nunavut.
Percy E. Moore Hospital, Hodgson, Manitoba:
- 16-bed, 4-bassinet facility situated in Manitoba's Interlake region, 192 kilometers north of Winnipeg.
- Easily accessible by highway.
- Region is made up of the First Nations communities of Peguis, Fisher River, and Kinonjeoshtegon (Jackhead) as well as the farming communities of Fisher Branch and Hodgson.
- Total population served is approximately 10,000.
- Resident physicians, a full-time pharmacist, and social workers provide health-care services.
Eight hamlets located in the Kivalliq Region of Nunavut are visited by medical specialists and the Medical Rehabilitation Services Program team.
The hamlets are:
12 Manitoba communities are staffed by nurses who act as the primary caregivers.
Family Physicians fly/drive to the communities on a scheduled basis and act as consultants to nurses.
Nursing station locations
East Side of Lake Winnipeg:
Berens River | Bloodvein | Little Grand Rapids | Pauingassi | Poplar River
Island Lake Communities:
Garden Hill | Red Sucker Lake | St. Theresa Point | Wasagamack
West Side of Lake Winnipeg:
Grand Rapids | Chemawawin
North of Lake Winnipeg: