Frequently Asked Questions
  1. How long does it take to complete the Health Sciences/Health Studies degrees?
    Each degree is 120 credit hours, taking approximately four years to complete full-time. You can take the degrees part-time. You have up to 10 years to complete your degree.
  3. What is the degree designation?
    If you graduate with a Health Sciences degree, the designation is a Bachelors of Health Sciences. If you graduate with a Health Studies degree, the designation is a Bachelors of Health Studies. Both degrees are awarded from the Rady Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Manitoba.
  5. I am a student in which faculty?
    You are a student in the Rady Faculty of Health Sciences.
  7. What is the Biomedical Sciences Concentration?
    The Biomedical Sciences Concentration (18 credit hours) is a new interdisciplinary experience available to students in the BHSc program which will provide students with an understanding of the mechanisms of diseases such as cancer, diabetes, multiple sclerosis and HIV, with hands on experience in a biomedical laboratory.
  9. Where are my classes/instructors/advisor located?
    All of your classes and your instructors are located on the University of Manitoba Fort Garry Campus. The student advisor is located on the Fort Garry Campus. If you are taking the Biomedical Sciences concentration there will be two courses (HEAL 4630 and HEAL 4640) held at the Bannatyne Campus.
  11. What are some career opportunities for me?
    Biomedical research, Forensic research, Health Care Administrator, Health Research Coordinator, Teaching, Graduate studies, entry into professional programs such as medicine, dentistry, nursing, Volunteer Coordinator, Community Health Educator and Abuse Prevention Consultant.
  13. Where can I get information about career services? You can visit the Career Services website
  15. Am I eligible for transfer credit?
    Yes any applicable courses will be transferred over. Up to 60 credit hours can be transferred over from external educational institutions. Up to 60 credit hours can be transferred over from a previous University of Manitoba degree or a degree in progress.