International Awards: IGSES
International Graduate Student Entrance Scholarship
Beginning with the 2005-2006 academic session, scholarships will be offered to recognize and reward the excellence of incoming international graduate students. The scholarships, approximately $5,400, will be offered to students who:
(1) are international students (i.e., those entering Canada on study permits);
(2) are entering the first year of full-time study in the Faculty of Graduate Studies at the University of Manitoba, pursuing a Master’s or Ph.D. degree or Graduate Diploma;
(3) are paying the international student differential tuition fee;
(4) have achieved a minimum admission grade point average of 3.5 based on their last 60 credit hours (or equivalent) of study or last equivalent two full years;
(5) are not recipients of external award funding that pays for their tuition.
This scholarship may be held with the University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowship (UMGF) and other awards offered by the University of Manitoba. Grade point averages will be assessed according to the process used for admission, and based only on transcripts received by the time the student is offered admission to a graduate program. Scholarships are offered upon enrolment in the Faculty of Graduate Studies and registration in a graduate program of study. Scholarships will first be applied against tuition fees.
The selection committee will have the discretion to determine the number and value of awards offered each year based on available revenue.
Scholarships will be offered until available funds are exhausted. Funding will be confirmed on an annual basis.
This scholarship will be administered by the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
The Vice-Provost (Graduate Education) and Dean of the Faculty of Graduate Studies (or designate) will name the selection committee for this award.
The Board of Governors of the University of Manitoba has the right to modify the terms of this award if, because of changed conditions, it becomes necessary to do so. Such modification shall conform as closely as possible to the expressed intention of the donor in establishing the award.
Established: Senate, November 3, 2004
Senate, June 29, 2005
Senate, September 6, 2006
Board of Governors, August 30, 2016