The University of Manitoba, Dean of Graduate Studies Student Achievement Award recognizes the outstanding academic achievement, strong leadership skills and notable personal service of a student to other students and the community.
The number of awards offered annually will be dependent upon the number of nominations received and the quality of the nominees. A maximum of three awards may be offered each year.
The Dean of Graduate Studies Student Achievement Award will be offered to graduate students who:
- Have been enrolled in a graduate program at the University of Manitoba for at least one year;
- Have displayed intellectual and academic attainment of a high standard:
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.50 in the graduate program;
- Have volunteered within and outside their role as a student;
- Have demonstrated strong leadership abilities;
- Have shown outstanding performance in teaching.
A nomination form must be submitted along with three letters of support. One of the letters of support may be from outside of the University of Manitoba. The letters of support should address the nominee’s integrity of character, inquisitive nature for learning, commitment to improving the quality of life of others, and their importance as a role model and/or mentor to other students.
Each recipient will receive a $1000 cash prize and a certificate that will be presented at the annual Faculty of Graduate Studies Awards Reception. A recipient may only hold this award once.
Nominations will be adjudicated by the Dean and Associate Deans of the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
Deadline date for submission of nominations and documentation is June 30 of every year.