There are two main methods of entry into the Faculty of Engineering:
- Admission to the Preliminary Year
- Students applying directly from high school or with less than 8 half-year courses completed will be assessed on their high school marks
- Students with a degree or recognized engineering technologist diploma will be assessed based on their degree/diploma GPA.
- Admission to a degree program (Biosystems, Civil, Computer, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering)
- Students must complete at least 8 of 12 preliminary year courses to be considered for admission. Admission is based on the best 8 preliminary year courses the student has completed
Please note: Students who have completed 8 or more half-year courses but do not have a degree/diploma completed and do not have 8 of the 12 preliminary year courses completed, are not eligible to apply to the Faculty of Engineering. Students in this situation should apply to the Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Science or General Studies to complete 8 of the 12 preliminary year courses before applying to engineering at a future date.
All admission requirements, deadlines, and procedures can be found in the Faculty of Engineering Admission Bulletins. Refer to these documents for current information.
>> DIRECT ENTRY BULLETIN (Preliminary Year Program)
>> FACULTY OF ENGINEERING BULLETIN (Preliminary Year Program & Degree Programs)
Admission into both our Preliminary Year Program and our Degree Programs is competitive based on academic achievement and program capacity. Each year the required average may change based on the number and calibre of applicants; the capacity of each program remains fixed. For more information about past and current GPA cut-offs, please visit the Statistics section.
ENGINEERING-SPECIFIC ADMISSION RESOURCES
>> APPLICATION TO ENGINEERING
>> ENGINEERING PROGRAMS
>> ENGINEERING ORIENTATION (UMES-led) (external)
GENERAL ADMISSION RESOURCES
>> UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSIONS WEBSITE
>> TRANSFER CREDIT
>> TUITION & COSTS
>> INDIGENOUS STUDENTS
>> INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
>> APPLICANTS FROM ANOTHER MANITOBA UNIVERSITY OR COLLEGE
For more information regarding undergraduate programs, please contact:
(Preliminary Engineering Program)
Phone: (204) 474-9807
Email | E1-284 EITC
Student Services Coordinator
Phone: (204) 474-9808
Email | E1-284A EITC