Bursaries are distributed mainly on the basis of financial need (as assessed by Financial Aid & Awards). Bursary applications are available in mid-August each year through the Aurora Student portal. If you are short of funds and require an emergency loan, please contact Financial Aid & Awards.
If you believe you need a bursary for the 2014-2015 year, follow these steps:
1. Make sure that your contact information is current in Aurora Student.
2. If you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, apply for a Canada Student Loan. You may not be eligible, but if you are, whether you use the loan or not, you increase your chances for having more of your financial need covered.
3. The University of Manitoba online general bursary application is available through Aurora Student, via the Student Awards and Financial Aid tab. Please refer to the Financial Aid & Awards Bursary webpage for information related to completing the application. The deadline to submit the bursary application is October 1st. If you have questions about the needs assessment form, please contact the FAA office at (204) 474-9531 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are not certain your application has been completed properly, ask staff at the FAA staff to check it over before the deadline. Incomplete applications may be deemed ineligible. The information in the needs assessment form is used to determine your assessed financial need. You must complete this form to be considered for Engineering bursaries.
4. To be considered for bursaries available exclusively for Engineering undergraduate students and that have an application, you must complete the Financial Aid & Awards online form AND the applications through the Engineering Awards site. Please note that most Engineering bursaries do not require an Engineering application. All students who have completed a general bursary application and meet the criteria for bursaries that do not require application will be automatically considered.
5. For bursaries with an application, please follow this procedure:
6. Check for Special Bursaries. You may be eligible for some of these bursaries that are administered directly by Financial Aid & Awards.
7. Financial Aid & Awards will notify you of your success and will request that you accept or deny the award before it will be loaded onto your account. Once you have done this, it is recommended that you send a note of thanks to the donor; Financial Aid & Awards can provide contact information, as required.
For more information regarding undergraduate awards, please contact:
Sheila Lapinski (Smith)
Awards & Data Coordinator
Phone: (204) 474-7506
E-Mail | E1-284 EITC