For internationally-educated engineers,
- The program can be a time-effective alternative to writing the national Confirmatory Examinations.
- The courses in the Faculty of Engineering introduce you to Canadian codes and standards, as well as English technical vocabulary in your discipline.
- The courses also allow you to update your engineering knowledge in rapidly changing fields.
- The Practicing Professional Engineering in Manitoba course is designed to help ease your cultural transition to the Canadian engineering and business environment.
- The program offers a supportive, collegial environment, in which participants get to know fellow internationally educated engineers, professors, and other student colleagues in the Faculty of Engineering.
- IEEQ Program staff are present to provide student advising, support, and advocacy for program participants.
- The program includes professional engineering work experience, and often a first step into a professional network for future job opportunities and engineering-related job references.