IEEQ Participants are available for paid co-op employment in Spring and Summer of each year.
The goal of the co-op employment is to provide internationally-educated engineers in the IEEQ program with a Canadian engineering employment experience, in which they can demonstrate their engineering skills and knowledge, and begin to develop a network with engineering colleagues in their area of expertise.
Benefits for Employers
- A source of experienced engineering professionals, with completed engineering degrees and professional experience from their home countries. The Assessment of Academic Credentials by APEGM (done prior to admission into IEEQ) confirms the overall integrity of their original engineering degree.
- A licensing pathway for foreign-trained engineers, recognized by APEGM as leading to Engineer-in-Training registration in one year, and to the P.Eng. license in as little as two years.
- IEEQ participants receive intensive orientation to the business practices, professional culture, and professional engineering ethics in Canada.
- Participants’ studies in the IEEQ program provide an independent confirmation of their qualifications and knowledge.
- Participants’ studies in the IEEQ program immerse them in English technical vocabulary in their field and Canadian codes and standards in their discipline.
- The four-month co-op employment term gives employers an excellent opportunity to assess the participants’ capabilities and potential fit for long-term employment.
- Employers may be able to access wage subsidy programs available though the Government of Manitoba and the Manitoba Co-op Tax Credit Program.
Download the "Guidelines for the Co-op work term"
To express interest in participating as a co-op employer, contact IEEQ Staff.