Participation in the Co-op /IIP is a choice to enhance student learning. It is not mandatory. Acceptance into the program requires students to understand and adhere to the program’s Rules and Regulations. The following is a synopsis of the expectations for students who wish to be in the program and those who have been accepted:
• Ensure that all academic requirements are being met.
• Maintain good financial standing with the University.
• Understand and adhere to all Co-op/IIP guidelines and deadlines for application
• Represent Engineering Co-op/IIP in a professional and ethical manner.
• Follow all employer policies and procedures.
• Attend all mandatory Co-op/IIP meetings and interviews.
• Ensure that resumes and cover letters are professional in appearance and effective as
• Take responsibility for finding work placements and ask for support when required
• Include all work placements as Co-op/IIP work terms, regardless of how they
• Pay for all work term tuition and course fees.
• Seek to complete the Program by obtaining 3 Co-op/IIP work terms.
• Apply for an appropriate number of jobs.
• Arrange for work permits (international students).
• Submit all required Co-op/IIP forms.
• Check your U of M email account regularly for information and updates.
Click on the link for a listing of the Rules and Regulations. If you have further questions connect with our staff, please click on the Contact Us link.