ENGINEERING CO-OP/IIP STUDENT APPLICATION INFORMATION
Joining Co-op/IIP is a commitment. Students should ensure that they have read and fully understand the Rules and Regulations prior to signing and submitting their acceptance agreement.
Please note that the Co-op/IIP Office will only use your UofM email address for communications.
CO-OP/IIP APPLICATION PROCESS
Due to COVID-19 protocols, our intake process will be done virtually for Fall 2020.
• We have an online application through Career Connect
• Watch for an email from the Dean’s office inviting all eligible students to apply (early September)
• Review our Co-op/IIP information presentation
• Email Emma to gain access to our online application in the Engineering Co-op/IIP portal in Career Connect. Include your student number and department in your email.
• Complete the online Application Package
(before October 28)
• Work with your Co-op Coordinator on any required revisions
• Schedule and attend an intake interview (held via MS Teams)
• Receive approval of documents from your Co-op Coordinator
• Register for an interview workshop
(held beginning of January, stay tuned for our January 2021 plans)
• Receive invite to our mandatory Orientation Session
• Register and attend Orientation session, sign and submit your acceptance agreement
**These steps are MANDATORY before acceptance into Co-op/IIP is granted. If you miss a deadline or a required sessions/workshop acceptance will be delayed. Some sessions are offered each term, others are only offered once a year.
**Resumes, cover letters and your statement of purpose must be approved by your Co-op Coordinator before acceptance into Co-op/IIP is granted. If additional work and revisions are required these need to be completed before registering for the interview workshop.
For questions related to your application, please contact your Co-op Coordinator.
Biosystems & Mechanical
Electrical & Computer
For general questions about our Co-op/IIP Program, please contact Leslie Cole.