ENGINEERING CO-OP/IIP STUDENT APPLICATION INFORMATION
Joining Co-op/IIP is a commitment. Students should ensure that they have read and fully understand the Rules and Regulations prior to signing and submitting their acceptance agreement.
Please note that the Co-op/IIP Office will only use your UofM email address for communications.
Students must attend one of the information sessions. They are held annually in September.
Students who cannot attend as scheduled should contact Megan Johnson via email.
Applicants must meet the Requirements for Co-op/IIP.
If there are requirements that challenge you, connect with our staff, please click on the Contact Us link.
CO-OP/IIP APPLICATION PROCESS
• Attend a Co-op/IIP Info Session
• Create a Career Connect Account
• Gain access to the Engineering portal
(see your Co-ordinator)
• Complete the online Application Package
(before October 29)
• Work with your Coordinator on any required revisions
• Schedule an intake interview (held in November)
• Receive approval of documents from your Coordinator
• Register for an interview workshop
(held beginning of January)
• Receive invite to Orientation session
(once grades are approved and interview workshop
• Attend Orientation session, sign and submit
acceptance agreement (held end of January)
**These steps are MANDATORY before acceptance into Co-op/IIP is granted. If you miss a deadline or a required sessions/workshop acceptance will be delayed. Some sessions are offered each term, others are only offered once a year.
**Resumes, cover letters and your statement of purpose must be approved by your Co-op Coordinator before acceptance into Co-op/IIP is granted. If additional work and revisions are required these need to be completed before registering for the interview workshop.
Please see your Co-op Coordinator if you have any questions.