- Co-op/IIP students are available for 4, 8, 12 or 16 month terms beginning in January, May or September giving you an employee when you need them for as long as you need them.
- Use Co-op/IIP as a recruitment strategy for industry ready grads.
- Our office will help advertise your posting and assist in finding the best candidate(s).
- The hiring process is at your discretion, with our support. (No rank and match)
- Motivated students! All Co-op/IIP students are required to complete resume and interview workshops as well as participate in mock interviews.
- Co-op/IIP students are accountable to us and are required to complete a report for each four-month period.
- Our office will assist and provide documentation to your company in order to take advantage of the Co-op/IIP student hiring incentives available. (Please see below)
- Provide students with at least four months of engineering related experience.
- Provide mentorship, guidance and support to students during their placement.
- Have a P.Eng. on staff to evaluate the student's performance and review their APEGM report. (This person does not need to be the student's immediate supervisor.) If you do not have a P.Eng. on staff please contact the Co-op/IIP office to discuss a possible alternative.
- Provide a safe work environment where students can utilise and continue to develop their skills.
- Provide feedback to the student during and after their work term.
- Communicate regularly with the Co-op/IIP office in regards to their needs, student performance and suggestions for improvement.